Saturday, July 23, 2011

espncricinfo


espncricinfo the Australia captain, will take no part in the Twenty20 Big Bash League this summer, preferring to concentrate on his international commitments. Extensive negotiations between Clarke, his management and the Sydney Sixers were unable to reach a workable compromise between the batsman's desire for rest and preparation in between Test series and Cricket Australia's desire to have as many contracted players as possible taking part in the BBL. Clarke had also conducted talks with numerous other teams.

With the greatest respect to everybody involved in the T20 Big Bash League, I will not be committing for this year," Clarke said in a statement. "My goal is to play Twenty20 cricket domestically, for sure. But at the moment, I want to prioritise my time and commitment to my role with the Australian team. "We have a big six months ahead, and my commitment and focus is with those teams. I am also only available for one BBL game this year, and that was a consideration as well." Clarke's decision means both he and Mitchell Johnson will sit out the competition, while every other CA-contracted player, including the likes of Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Ricky Ponting and Mike Hussey, take part.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment