Tuesday, July 26, 2011

pan card details


pan card detailsThe Income-tax (I-T) department recognizes an assessee by his/her PAN. If your wife is holding a PAN card with her maiden surname, which has now changed after marriage to your surname, it would be advisable to get her PAN card data updated with the new surname. For this, your wife would need to fill the form “request for new PAN card or/and changes or correction in PAN data”. Along with the form, she will have to submit proofs of identity and change of name. The documents required are marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, copy of your wife’s passport showing husband’s name,



one coloured passport size photograph and copy of the old PAN card. Your wife will be issued a new PAN card with the new name, but with the same number. Once PAN data is updated with the new surname, use the new surname for filing your wife’s tax returns. But till that time, continue filing her tax returns with her maiden name. Your e-filing account cannot be used for e-filing your spouse’s tax return. I am 55 years old and draw a pension of about Rs 11,000 per month. I also have fixed deposits from which I earn about Rs 50,000 per annum as interest. My income is below the taxable limit. Am I required to file returns? I have been told that if I purchase mutual fund (MF) units for Rs 2 lakh or more in a financial year, I need to report the fact even if I don’t file returns. Is it true?
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment